Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekend Review wk#4 (5/7/2011)

Sorry this is so late posting! It's been a crazy weekend!! Here's the run down for the oh so yummy dishes last week!

Better-than-ever Beef Enchiladas: I've used the whole wheat tortillas before and chose not to use them for this recipe, they fall apart way too easy. I would like to retry this recipe with shredded chicken! It was good, but I don't know that I would say it was "Better than ever"! 210 calories a serving!!


Simple Lasagna Roll ups: This is my favorite so far!! I made my own sauce (tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Pampered Chef Italian seasoning, fresh garlic and onion, bring to boil then simmer till noodles ready), but ran alittle short. It's a little messy when you put them together but not impossible to do!! This one is a must!! OH and this one was only 350 calories a serving!! Just hard to stop at 1!!


Carolina Shredded Chicken: I got ambitious with this one! I made whole wheat sourdough rolls to make slidders. I made the rolls and froze them to keep till I was ready to use them. Yeah, they were hard as rocks... oh well! But the meat was amazing!! I told Jeff I could drink the sauce straight! I would love to grill the chicken on the carcoal grill next time as well as taking out the season salt and trying some cummin, paprika, maybe even some crushed red pepper!! yummy!! This one (if on a regular bun!) is 390 calories!



Layers of Love Chocolate Brownie: sigh..... These were awesome!! So moist and GREAT with some sugar free ice cream!! HA (like that's going to make it all ok!!) These had alot of components but overall pretty simple to make. Just be sure you give most away or hide in the freeze (the brownies not you, unless that helps you say no to temptation....) so you don't overeat them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment