Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Review wk#5 (5/14/2011)

Here's the recap!!

Whole Grain Waffles with Cheese and Maple-Apple Sauce: Oh my!! These are mine and Jeff's favorite waffle recipe to date!! The extra sharp white cheddar is very similar to the Gruye're cheese, but cheaper!! Very bold taste that is perfectly complimented by the cooked apples!! Very yummy! Will definitely do again. I will work on trying to find a low cal sub for the maple syrup though!!



Fettuccine Alfredo: The sauce was so heavy and thick. I saw a recipe that used skim milk instead of the 1/2 and 1/2, then another that used the cooking water from the pasta. If I try this again I will also use less Parmesan cheese as well. I did add some grilled chicken which was yummy!!



Salsa-Cheddar Chicken: WOW!! Loved this one! Great flavor, low cal. Win win dish!! Next time I may just marinate the chicken in the Italian dressing rather than cooking in it. The dressing started browning and splattered something awful. Will definitely do this one again!!



Fried Ice Cream: Ha Ha! This was a fail!! I left them in the oil less then 10 secs and they started falling apart. I don't know what I could have done differently, but will research more recipes online to see if there is a better method to this. HOWEVER, the graham cracker with cinnamon is something I can definitely see adding to my ice cream in the future!!! Great taste!!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, tried the waffles and they were GREAT! Next time I will have to make a double portion as my family couldn't get enough! I did try to reduce the calories by only using a 1/2 cup of the dark maple syrup and then used a 1/2 cup of the sugar free syrup. I also used egg beaters in place of the eggs. Even with these substitutions, they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete