Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend Review wk #11 (6/25/2011)

Slow-Cooker Barbecue Chicken Oh yum!! This was great! Then only complaint I have is this: I got a hickory smoked BBQ sauce because it had the same calories as the regular. I didn't check the sodium, so I felt it tasted very salty (I didn't add any salt otherwise!!)! I will check with my dad, he use to make his own BBQ sauce that was awesome to see if I can't improve on it and the dish, even though the dish was great and made the house smell oh so yummy!!


"Classic" Apple Dumplings Oh my!! These were so yummy! They didn't look exactly like I thought they should, but they were very sweat and oh so good with Ice Cream... even for breakfast!! I got the smallest apples I could find at the store but I still think they should be smaller. Next time I'll just use 1/2 an apple that's peeled and cored. The dough had a hard time covering the apple without tearing. I like that you can fix the different parts early and then come back and "throw" it together when you're ready to fix them! This will be a definate repeat!!



Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie And another one bites the dust.... yeah, not a fan!! My mom makes killer CPP, and even though this seemed oh so easy (and it was) it was not oh so good! The veggies were thawed, rinsed in warm water and still weren't cooked. I used cheddar cheese because Velveeta just isn't that good, still gave this dish a D-. Jeff and I agreed to try it again, hoping that when we re-heat the dish it will be better.... but we're not holding our breaths, the recipe is already in the trash!!


Fried Chocolate Pies SCORE!!! These were great! They cook very quickly and like the apple dumplings you can fix the different parts early then slap them together when you're ready to fix them. They literally cook in 2-3 minutes tops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment