Saturday, June 4, 2011

Weekend Review wk #8 (6/4/2011)

Well, I see several things I'd change to enhance and "healthify" these choices!

Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Strips: These had GREAT flavor, I didn't even need to salt and pepper them! The problem I ran into was the oil being too hot in the pan and burning them. I saw a bit on Rachael Ray where she fried something like this for the crunch then placed them on a wire cooling rack on top of a bar pan to catch the drippings in the oven to finish cooking. I will try this next time!! I'm hoping this will eliminate more of the oil without compromising the taste!!




Onion Rings: I tried these in the deep fryer for lack of time, they fell apart and made a huge mess. HOWEVER, they had a great taste!! Next time I'll be sure to  let them drain before frying in the pan then placing them on a cooling rack sitting on top of a paper towel covered bar pan, to let more of the oil drip off! I will also use whole wheat pancake mix. Not sure about baking them though....


Fried Dill Pickles: Well..... They need to be dipped, chilled, double dipped, then fried. Will look into doing the wheat flour here as well. It had potential though!! Definitely need to let more oil drip off.


Chocolate Pudding: I didn't get a picture of this one, sorry. But it looked, smelled and tasted great!!! You have to be very careful when adding in the egg, if you're not stirring like mad the egg could cook before it's incorporated into the chocolate mixture!! Very good, kids of all ages loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment