Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weekend Review wk#10 (6/18/11)

Love me some summer grillin!!

Chili Mac Cheeseburgers These were much better than I anticipated. I had watched Rachael Ray make them and thought, that could be good! Now I didn't put near as much chili mac on the burgers as she did, but I put enough and it was good. I used whole wheat buns and whole wheat noodles!!


Grilled Pizza Burgers Jeff helped me do this one! He got a smoker/ charoil grill thing and was dying to try it out! I used mulit grain english muffins and I made my own pizza sauce and I felt it was a little salty but really added to the flavors mixed in with the meat! Dad said he thought it was too much and would prefer a slice of tomato on his next time, but everyone else agreed it was good. Super yummy!! After dinner Jeff was asking when I was going to fix them again!!



Chicken Delight Sliders These were a pleasant surprise!! I was kinda leary about the slaw bit, even while making them! But once everything was put together it was really good!! I will use whole wheat rolls next time. The only thing that could have made it better would be to do these on the grill outside instead of on the grill pan inside!




S'More Cupcakes This recipe came from the same magazine article that the creamsicle cupcakes came from, and they didn't disappoint! I also now have a great recipe for marshmallow cream! My main complaint was that they took awhile (and several dishes) to make. I'm all about the quick and easy with 2 little ones running around me!! Next time I'd like for the graham cracker to come up further in the cups (I will probably double the graham cracker portion of this) and I may just mix the chocolate chips in with the batter or even use dark chocolate chips mixed in next time!! OH and I need to suck all the calories out of these suckers so I don't feel so guilty eating them!! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment