Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weekend Review wk#9 (6/11/11)

I don't know what it is about eating Breakfast for Dinner, but man this week has been yummy!!

English Muffin French Toast: Love the orange zest, nice diminsion of flavor. I used skim greek yogurt (same as what I use in my smoothie listed in the very 1st post) and smuckers sugar free syrup. So the topping only added 17.5 calories!! It had a good flavor but needed the fresh strawberries to balance the whole dish out. Very good, will definately fix it again!! With the substitutions I made, 2 slices of english muffin with 2Tbsp of the yogurt topping and 3-4 strawberries, your total calories are 220!! Filling, easy to prepare, tasty!! The Lane house gives it 2 thumbs up!!



Chicken Sausage Breakfast Burritos: Ehhh, well it's a great idea, but NOT a fan of the chicken sausage link things!! I think some crumbled turkey sausage would have been a better fit! It was good with salsa though!! So, when I make it again I will switch to crumbled turkey sausage, and saute some diced onion in with the pepper before adding the egg! Great idea, just think I'll take it in a different direction!!




Scrambled Egg Turnovers: Well, aren't we cute and yummy!! I never would have thought that egg with oregano, paired with zucchini and tomato would be something I'd enjoy. LOVED IT!!! I think it's cute, relatively easy and definitly filling! I couldn't get Jeff to eat tomato in his (pansy....), oh well. I think it would be very easy to cut the puff pastry down to thirds (instead of 1/2's) to get 2 additional servings out of it for a brunch shower or party!!



Peanut Butter- Chocolate- Oatmeal Cereal Bars: This was a little more detailed that I first thought. But pretty easy and very yummy!! I didn't have a big jelly-roll pan so I used what I had, a 13x9 stone baker, so the bars are a little on the thick side. I had to let the crust bake a little longer. I knew it was done when the center started to lift off the pan. The only thing I might change is adding a little vanilla to the choc/PB mixture. I thought about trying some dark chocolate chips instead of the milk chocolate, but still you're just going to have to limit yourself on these things!! Izzy wanted to help me take pictures so I had to include this shot of her looking at and sniffing them like it was the last chocolate on earth!!





Gigantic Cinnamon Rolls: Well, this was crazy good!! An amazing gift idea!! HOWEVER!! I don't think I should call mine gigantic, maybe just huge. I split the recipe. Instead of using all 4 pieces from the single loaf of bread I used 2 pieces (1/2 the loaf). They cook quicker, go further and are still bigger than one person could or should eat on their own! Next time I make whole wheat bread I'll use my own dough. Other than that, it's another one of those eat in moderation things!! Sorry, let me know if anyone can think of any other ways to make it better!!




No comments:

Post a Comment