Saturday, July 2, 2011

Weekend Review wk #12 (7/2/11)

I think this week produced more failures than new favorites.... sounds kinda like the way our country's government has been doing anymore. Oh well, here's the run down!

Chicken and Waffles with Maple Apples This is the one recipe I think I'll keep from the week!! It was a great combo of flavors and something we'll do again! I used smuckers sugar free syrup and turkey bacon, both were a success!! I also used some Pampered Chef smokey bbq dry rub on the chicken which complimented very nicely as well!!


Grilled Chicken-and-Bacon Mac n' Cheese  Well.... Jeff likes it, but I think he's the only one!! I had to use a variety of different noodles but that's not the problem! There was too much thyme, I didn't care for it at all!!


Chicken Biscuit Stew Ewwwww!! Yogurt was not a good thing for this dish! Easy but eeewwwwwww! We actually threw this out after tasting a couple bites!! boooo


Apple Crumble Now this one had some potential. Granny Smiths are not the right choice for this dish, at all!!! Way too tart. Now a Honey Crisp, Golden Delicious or even a Gala would have been a smarter choice. And I think the oats were too soggy as well. I may try to taste them with a little butter next time!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment