Thursday, January 12, 2012

Healthy AND tasty start for 2012

So I've discovered Pinterest ... and I'm addicted!! If you've not checked it out yet, you should. It's not all drama filled like Facebook tends to be. Here's how it works: you create your account then you create boards (basically catagories of your interest) and you can pin links to it of things you like, things you want to try, ect. You look through the home page or search what you're interested in, cooking, kids, crafts, whatever! You click on the picture and it takes you to the source! I've downloaded the tab on my browser bar so when I find something I want to share I click it and it sends it directly to my board of choice!! How fun is that?!?!?! It's a great way to check out others ideas and share with everyone! I literally have been a part of Pinterest for a few weeks and have found so many cool, neat, innovative ideas!!
So this is where I found this latest recipe and of course I've tweaked it to my liking!! This is literally 160 calorie meal!! I'm in love, I spent a total of 30 minutes preparing this and I even had to shell my shrimp!!

Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli
2lbs broccoli florets (I only had 1 bag frozen (1lb) so I simply adjusted everything else!)
1lb large, shelled and devained shrimp
4Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
1/2tsp coriander
1/2tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1/8tsp chili powder (I added a good pinch which would be a little more!)
lemon zest (recipe calls from entire lemon to be zested, I prefer only 1/2, here again adjust to your liking)

Heat oven to 425.

On a large cookie sheet, toss together broccoli (best if it's dry, rinse and pat dry with several paper towels, this will keep the broccoli from getting to soggy), 2Tbsp EVOO and seasonings. Spread into a single layer and pop into the oven for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, toss together shrimp with remaining EVOO, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl. 

When the broccoli’s been in the oven 10 minutes, add the shrimp to the broccoli and toss (carefully.) Slide back in the oven and let it go another 10 minutes.

I squeezed a little of the lemon juice over top before serving. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment